10 March 2014

3/3/14 -- The Library

Hi everyone and people.

We don't have much time, the Sun City Library booted us off the computer, because they don't want salvation... I mean, they hate the Celestial Kingdom. No! They are pals with Satan!

Okay, they computer system went down and they were too lazy to call the IT peeps. I almost called the Brother Unit to fix it. But I didn't. I was obedient and annoyed. So. we found another set of computers in public to borrow. Good times.

This week was a little nuts. We had rain. Apparently the locals here think it was Armageddon. Rest assured people who are not in Sun City... It was NOT Armageddon. We had steady rain. Not torrential down pours. No mudslides, or land slides or anything (in my area anyway). That said, the city did not plan for rain. So all the roads were flooded. Which was obnoxious. We couldn't do a whole lot of work. Because we literally couldn't go anywhere. Blasted rain. There was only one time I wasn't sure if the car would make it through the puddle. So we climbed out and trudged the waters to see how deep it was. People mocked. Whatever, we didn't drown.

That said, for the first time ever, this missionary hit the standard of excellence. 'BOUT TIME!!! AHHHH... That was way hard. But whatever we did it! This is going to be an awesome transfer. We have 3 people on date for this month with a bunch of other investigators who could totally be dunked soon.

We worked way hard. I tracted for the first time in 7.5 months. Good times. Met some fun people

Here's some news from home:  the work is progressing out there!! I pray for that all the time. And people are getting married! Wow. So much is happening.Thanks for telling me that you all are getting married, by the way.. You may now repent!

...
Kidding....
Sorta...

No but really. I wish I could be there. So I came up with a perfect solution. For all my folks getting hitched. Andrew, Seth, Sabrina, Wes. You may get a 3" picture cut out of me and hide them in all of your wedding pictures. And then send them to me so I can find them! Perfect!

Here are some excerpts from other people's emails because I'm out of time today: 

The weather here isn't too bad. People were kind of stressed, thinking this would be the "storm of the century." And maybe it was for them. It was a steady rain for a few days and the roads flooded. There was a little damage, a few little trees got toppled and some shrubbery got pruned... naturally... by the wind. haha. That's about it. Still, the people who built the city didn't build it for rain so most of the roads weren't passable. My area didn't have any land slides, and as far as I know my mission was unaffected. The whole area fasted for rain. We got it! Prayers are answered!



The Lord is so mindful of us and He fills our lives with Tender Mercies. Big ones and small ones. We have been working really hard here in Sun City, and when I got here, I was told "There is no work here. We just work with Less Active members." And that was hard to hear. We know that the Lord is hastening His work. Evidence of such is that right before I got into the mission field, the California Riverside Mission split. We lost about half of our missionaries. According to my zone leaders, the number of baptisms doubled AFTER we lost half of our missionaries. So with half of the army we had before, twice the work was being done.
Anyway, back to the story. Our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them to receive the Restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End.

Our purpose is to Find, Teach and Baptize. And I wasn't down with not being able to do my job. So we've been working really hard. Talking to everyone that we see. Inviting everyone repent and be baptized. We've been working so hard. We haven't been seeing any results to our hard work. It's been hard. But two weeks ago a gentleman walked into church and said: "Bishop, I need to start getting back to church. My girls aren't baptized and my wife isn't a member." It turns out, he'd never been baptized. And they are Golden. We taught, prayed (and fasted), and invited them to be baptized. Dad is getting baptized this Sunday (5 pm, PST at th eStake Center in Sun City) and he will be baptizing his daughters the next Sunday!
We did ALL that we could. And the Lord prepared someone to come to us, even though we didn't find him.

The Lord is so aware of us. Aware of who needs us, and who we need. It is truly incredible to be a part of the missionary force of the Savior. This is truly His work. There's a Scripture in Exodus that I'm learning to love:
"Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will ashew to you to day ...
  The Lord shall afight for you, and ye shall hold your bpeace."

This is the Lord's work, and sometimes, we need to just let Him do some of the work. We do all we can, He will bless us for our efforts. Sometimes, it isn't in baptisms. Sometimes it's in patience, or a stronger capacity to love. But He blesses. He ALWAYS blesses.

Anyhow. I love you people. Very much
Smile. Doubt not, fear not.

Love you!

Sister Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment