10 March 2014

2/24/14 Transfer #6: The transfer of Charity and Love



Hola Amigos, Familia and otras personas. (Loosly translated: Hey peeps)

So. out here in Sunny California, we're looking at some rain this week. Lots of it. (Hopefully not Colorado - style. I forgot to pack my floaties)

Honorable mentions:

Sabrina
the Schneider's
Sister Larsen!!

Well, this week was Jake week. Which is where no work actually gets done. That said, we had 23 lessons,
put 3 people on date to be baptized (March 23)

Not too bad for Jake Week.

Transfer news: my companion is being transferred to Mt Rubidoux where she will be in a trio. I think that'll be good for her. She needs a change of scenery. A change in companions. Just change.

I survived. I'll be staying here with Mama D, my wonderful home share and my new companion will be Sister Ni'ihau. She is from Hawai'i. She's apparently awesome. And that's exciting. I love awesome people. It should be fun.

Hmmm. I think that's it for transfer week but President Smart emailed this out this week to the missionaries and I love it, so I'm sharing it:

“If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win, but think you can't
It's almost a cinch you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you've lost,
For out in the world we find
Success being with a fellow's will;
It's all in the state of mind.

Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But soon or late the man who wins
Is the one who thinks he can.”

Our attitude makes all the difference. Whatever we choose, generally, is right. If we think the weather is bad, then we're right. If we think the weather is good, then we're right. We can't change the weather, but if we choose to make it an issue, either good or bad, then it is. The same is true of our area, our companion, our ward, our investigators, etc. Whatever it is, it's as good (or as bad) as you make it.

Choose to be happy. Choose to make the most of whatever opportunity (challenge) God's put in your path. The opportunity (challenge) won't change, but if you approach it with a positive attitude then the Lord will bless and strengthen you and your opportunity (challenge) will become easier and you will rise above whatever it is that otherwise would slow you down. Your opportunity (challenge) is all in how you choose to look at it.

This is going to be a good transfer. Work will happen.
In the Words of Joseph Smith:
The Standard of Truth has been Erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage. Mobs may combine. Armies may assemble. Calumny may defame. But the Truth of God will go forth boldly, Nobly and independent until it has penetrated every continent. Visited every Climb. Swept every country and sounded in every ear. Till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say, the work is done.

I love you. I'm extremely grateful for the love and support and encouragement I've received this transfer. It's really really meant the world to me. Who knew it was so needed on a mission? Weird.



The Pictures. Picture 1: My Valentine. His name is Kaden. He gave me a reese's. That's love.
PS. My stroke-y left eye fell out again. anyone know how to stop the left eye from stroking in pictures?

Picture two. Our zone of Sisters.


Picture 3: Sister Pyper and I. We were definitely meant to find each other. She's a forever friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment