02 February 2014

1/13/14 - Transferred...

Hi people! Family and Friends and things!

Well, I did not survive Transfers. I'm going to Sun City. It's a place that apparently is a retirement community. Old people. Lots of old people. But never fear! I have a theory! Old people have already been prepared for Baptism. They're already dressed in White! (Look at their hair...!!!) ha. ha.

Sister Gowans is training a new missionary. She's going to love that. She's done it her whole mission, except for these 2 transfers with me :)

I'm really bummed to leave Moreno Valley. I love it here. The people are great, the ward is really picking up steam to work as member missionaries. It'll be hard to leave them. But, tread along we must. Mostly I'm bummed to leave Sister Gowans. 

My new companion is Sister Trillo. I don't know much about her. She was trained by Sister Gowans and she came out a transfer before me. I anticipate us rocking Sun City. Next thing you'll see is that the city of Menifee (where Sun City resides, apparently) is being translated. No big deal. People in 100 years will have posters on their walls:

YOU can be a Sister Dibe Hall Missionary!
No biggie. 

Let's see. Last P-day was Hippy P-day. So I loved it! I wore my hippy outfit. I didn't shave my legs. We went to a health food store and I got honey sticks. And Natural facial stuff. (We were lazy too. It was grand) and I bought a new skirt. A hippy skirt! Then we went to the World Market. Sister Gowans had never been there. We found scrolls and jewelry. And journals and stuff. It was good times. She's going back as soon as she can. Sun City doesn't have any. And that's painful to hear. But it is what it is. 

This week was really crazy. We taught 28 lessons. Picked up a new Investigator. He came to church. He's progressing well. He'll be a great asset to the ward. He's really giving and caring. 
We had District Development Meeting (DDM) where we talked about setting expectations. Because of setting expectations, we were able to pick up our investigator this week. Epic. It was easily one of the best DDMs I've been too.

Scott moved. We went to lunch with him on Wednesday. We completely forgot to teach anything because we were so bummed. He is now freezing in Ohio. It's 70 degrees here. Just saying. :) (Welcome to the Email, Frosty!)

Um... I think that's about it. Took some pictures with some families here in MoVal. Loved on some people (at an arms' length, of course). 

Oh! One of my favorite families out here, they gave me a USB thumb drive to put all of Sistah Gowans' music on so I could have it too. I'm going to put all the music I have now on it, and then send the CDs home, so I don't have to find a place to pack them (Although I AM getting good at packing. haha) 

Well. I think that's it, here are some pictures from this week: (They are up there. my bad)


Love and peace and things!




No comments:

Post a Comment