02 February 2014

01/20/14 - Sun City

Why hello peeps!

Happy Pday, or in the world of those not on a mission, happy Monday!
Honorable Mentions:
Sister Larsen!
Other Mumsie!!!

Today finds me in a city called Sun City which is full of old people... REALLY old people. For serious, they have golf cart crossings. For Serious. Don't worry, I'll get pictures eventually. It's perfect, the Lord has prepared a lot of people for baptism. He's already put them all in white! (Look at their hair!) We just have to work fast! I'm with Sister Trillo, she is 19 and from Delta, Utah. She's been out a transfer longer than I have been, and was trained by my last Comp, Sister Gowans.

I moved in at 4 last Monday. That was an adventure. Thanks for all the surprises Sister Gowans!!... *twitch* :)))

Here are some fun things that I've seen / done / learned:

  • A hawk swooped down and grabbed a squirrel right next to us while we were driving this week. We watched the squirrel struggle as the hawk flew away with morbid fascination. Good times. 
  • I was illegally hugged by a member. That happens with old people. I have taken to Sister Gowans' dealing with that. I turn into an awkward fish. limp and stuff. Great times. 
  • Our Home share is Momma D. Momma D is the best ever! She's so sweet and thoughtful and buys us groceries when she's out. She has a sign on her fridge that says: "Pray as if everything depended on God. Work as if everything depended on you" I love that!
  • I offered to be a biking sister. So maybe next transfer I'll be on bike!
  • My fame preceded me. I walked into the Bishops' house to meet him and his 9 year old son met me at the door and said "Hi Sister Hall, are you thirsty?"
    "Not really. But thanks!"
    "Are you sure?..."
    "They want to see your water trick" Sis. Trillo said.
    So I inhaled a bottle of water for them. Bishop put it on facebook. I'm glad I'm known for something so great! (Richard Allec maybe Rick Allec on facebok, if you're wondering)
  • I was studying this week and found a scripture where Abraham snarked the Lord! Abraham is Snarky!!! Genesis 17:17
  • I met a member this week who told me "No brain no pain" when talking about headaches. He never gets them, apparently. Then he told me to "Marry rich, Sister Hall. It's better to be miserable and rich than miserable and poor." haha. Such great advice. He's elderly. (Like 110! - not completely accurate. But everyone is old here. There are like 2 funerals a month here! Nuts!)

This week was relatively slow, my comp had a migraine every day this week. So we weren't able to do much. Although, given the amount of time we were stuck in the house, we still managed 15 lessons. This week is going to be significantly better. Health and stuff are ours. :)

Love and stuff for you peeps. 
I think that's all I got for you. No crazy adventures this week!  

Thank you for all your prayers and letters and love and stuff. I've needed them. Especially with transfers and such!

<3 love="" o:p="">

The Littlest Missionary who could!

Publishers Note:  There were no pictures included with this weeks email.

No comments:

Post a Comment