21 January 2012

Blessings

He could calm a storm and heal the blind 
And I bet he'd understand a heart like mine






How grateful I am for a Savior who truly does understand a heart like mine. Who knows me way better than I know me. I experienced one of the neatest experiences with work this last week.


Dispatch: Medic 6 for a medical. RP reports that her baby is dying. 

Us: Medic 6 copy, en route. 

Dispatch: Medic 6, for update. CPR is in progress. 

(About here, we get nervous. Nobody likes to deal with kids. Especially dying kids)

Medic 6: Copy update. 

Dispatch 4 minutes or so later: Medic 6 for additional. PD is on scene. Baby is crying. 

Giant sigh of relief is felt through the city. 

Medic 6: Communications, Medic 6 is on scene. 


Lance heads in with one kit, while I grab the rest of the equipment to deal with a possible dead baby. As I walk into the room, I hear a screaming child. (yay!) note 4 younger children and dad crowding around my partner, 3 firemen and a police officer. Lance looks at me, points at me, than at Dad and says simply and succinctly, "Spanish, go!"

I took that to mean that we had no information as to what had happened. My mind was completely empty. Then all of a sudden he and I were carrying on a conversation. One that I was able to follow! I knew what he was saying to me, with no idea what it was that I was saying to him. I've heard of those kinds of blessings occurring to missionaries, and I was floored. I had just received a moment of being blessed with the ability to understand a different tongue!! 

In case you're wondering, baby wasn't dead. We think he choked a little. But he was okay. Very cute baby. 

What a blessing!

3 comments: