17 December 2013

Title of a post



This week was an adventure! We started this week with a creeper in our neighborhood. This creeper decided he likes Sister Missionaries. These Sister Missionaries decided that they don't like Creepers. So we barricaded our front door. And when I realized we can't barricade worth a darn, we stayed ready to exterminate him when he stopped by next. (See picture one) 
We then decided to let our leaders know, in case, you know, he murdered us and stuffed us in jars. So Our Zone leaders came over, he wouldn't come out and see them, hung up on them. Then things got funny. He hoped we'd stop by. We didn't. 
So he stopped by when we were there. We didn't answer the door. 
He called multiple times. We didn't answer. 
Finally he started listening for our car alarm when we locked and unlocked the car. We got wise and started locking it by hand instead of the key Faab. 
When we foiled his plan, he just left his front door open and windows open to hear the car start. So he came to talk to us, walked to my side of the car where I promptly broke up with him. (His name is Romeo, and I wanted to quote Romeo and Juliet to him. He's not smart though and wouldn't have gotten it) So I just told him we were through. And to leave us alone. 
I then plan to tell our Scott about him, Scott is a Navy man. He's also very protective of "his girls" (Us!) so if we tell him, he will probably enlist some men and set up a watch for us. Anyone who comes unannounced will leave with a broken face. That's okay, right??

For real, we're safe now. One look at that picture and all would-be robbers or creepers run for cover! 

Also, one of the recent converts we teach, she has a sword. It's heavy. I may not be able to build a barricade, but I could throw the sword at someone and confuse them enough to run away! I look pretty stroke-y there. Not sure why. My left eye gets tired I guess. Or is camera-shy. Who knows. Be it known to the world, contrary to that picture with me and the sword. I have NOT had a stroke. Thank you. 


We also had a moment where we were babysitting the Elder's bikes while they took the car to a meeting in Riverside. That's me next to the bike. I'm not ducking. The seat really does go past my belly button. I had to climb onto the table to get on the bike. I wouldn't be able to stop on it, unless I laid the bike down. While riding it. Nothing could possibly go wrong with that! Nothing... Right? (wrong!)

Lets see. I got sick this week. Puked a lot. Laid in bed. Was miserable. 

We taught lots of people picked up 10 new investigators this week! Broke up with 2. 
Ward Christmas party. Loved that. There was food and things. Who doesn't love that. 

Scott is gainfully employed so we don't get to teach him much anymore. Which we can live with, because we love Scott. But it's also sad. Because we love Scott. So we are hoping to go over on Sundays to help him make dinner for the guys on base. We're thinking we can pick up a few of the guys as investigators too. They've been chatty about the church so we're going to try.

We realized Christmas is next week. Nuts. 

We went and saw this lady in our ward. Sister Maughn. She is 900 years young. (Not true, she's 80 something, but with the wisdom of... someone really really wise...) She is unable to come to church a lot, so we go visit her every week. She has a really cute love story that she recorded on Sister Gowan's recording device. She told me that I was spiky. And that when I meet non members, she can see me grabbing ahold and not letting go, dragging them to the Gospel. People are not allowed agency around me. If I meet you, you will be happy. No choices. 

haha, sad. 

Honorable Mentions:
Sister Pack!
Sister Pyper!
THE SCHNEIDERS!!!! <3 o:p="">

My time is out. Love you peeps. 

Love, 

The Short One

No comments:

Post a Comment