17 December 2013

Hi! 

Honorable mentions this week:
MOM! Mumsie! Mommy! The Mother unit! The lady who gave birth to me! She wrote me a letter! 
Good times were had by all!

This week has been... adventurous. 

Monday was Pday. We moved. That was good. Our Home share, we learned she was talking crap about us to other people. Namely the Bishop. So we had to iron out some things there (apparently we flushed some Pumpkin pie down the toilet and stopped it up.... I eat my pumpkin pie! And the toilet was never not running while we were there. Just saying.. )
But we moved and that was good

Tuesday. oh Tuesday... It was a rough day. We crashed the car (dinged it, really with a scratch.) The Uhaul we hit had no damage. None. Tender mercies! But it caused a lot of issues later of broken pride and unwilling to make any mistakes later. So it was a rough week in our companionship. Sis Gowans was convinced her driving privileges would be revoked for the rest of her mission, which meant I would have to drive. I still drive 3" in from the steering wheel, so if we ever crashed, the airbag would knock my head into her lap. So in her mind, her little scratch ended with my death. You can see the drama that was involved. I wasn't dead yet.... 

Although we did go to see someone that day, an inactive member. We knocked on the door and asked if she lived there. They said no. Then the little girl, maybe 18 months old came running, and hugged my legs! The funny part, the Mom was in the background yelling something in Spanish. Our best guess is that she was yelling "NOOOOOOO!! NOT THE WHITE MIDGET!!!!!!" 

We laughed. 

Wednesday we went and tried to have lessons. None were had. 

Thursday we had to go to Riverside to report our car. Sister Gowans was really stressed. I tried to explain that Elder King was a former Sergeant over a fleet of company squad cars. That a scratch wasn't going to even phase him. Sure enough, when we got there, he was sorely disappointed, he thought that we had totaled the car and would be coming in looked mostly dead. He spit shined it and called it good. Good times. 

Sister Gowans went to see a Recent Convert and found out that the only reason she got baptized was for the girls. That was way hard to hear. She's been struggling all week from that. I know sorta what it must be like. When Renay only got baptized and backed out of the confirmation. That sucked a lot.  

Friday we did things... Tried to teach. 

Saturday was SCOTTS BAPTISM! BEHOLD: 


I was really excited, and I'm so photogenic. That's Scott! He's like our other Dad. We get the Dad voice a lot. And Brother Stout is one of our favorite members of the ward!



Bro Johnson too! And I'm Really excited about this one!

Alright, just a normal picture



Scott this week was Baptized, Confirmed, Ordained a Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood AND received a calling! He is a Family History Consultant in the ward!! It makes us happy. He's so happy! And he loves us! We're "his girls" on the base. haha. He wore the tie with our faces on Sunday. Everyone loved it. As they should! He's moving to Ohio in January, and he's saying he's going to call President and have him transfer us to Ohio. Yep. He likes us. I told him I wouldn't go there, I'd freeze to death. Hobbits don't do well in cold climates. 

Haha. All in all, a good ish week. This one will be so much better!! 
Any prayers in our behalf would be welcomed! We need them!

Love and Peace and things!

Love, 

Sista Dibe Hall!! <3 nbsp="" o:p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment