20 April 2013

He Lives!

Yesterday, I received my mission call from Salt Lake! It was a long awaited exciting day. One that I wasn't sure was ever going to make it. And after a long string of not-so-great days, it was the dawn of a really dark night.

My family drove in from Longmont and Lafayette, and two of my many aunts joined us over the phone from Texas and Arizona. And several friends showed up for the great envelope opening. And without further adieu:

Dear Sister Hall:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the California Riverside Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, July 17, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language. Your assignment will be modified according to the needs of the mission president.

~~~~

There are a few things that struck me first:
1. "I've never been to California before!"
2. "No Snow! I am super thrilled about NO SNOW!"

I am excited. More so then I expected to be. In fact, I was terrified that I would resent or hate my mission. "What if I don't want to go there?" And "is there anywhere I DON'T want to go?"

I had in my mind, convinced that I would be going to Temple Square. Which I was super excited about. Because I love the Salt Lake Temple. And I want to meet the Prophet. So much easier to do from his front door. But alas. I'm going to the... What is California known for? the sunshine state? Ask any of my partners. This is good. Because I LOVE warmth. My least favorite thing to be in the world, is cold.

I am surprised with how excited I've gotten. Looking up information on Cali. On Riverside history and anything else I can learn. I have a couple of coworkers from Riverside, poor souls are about to get bombarded. Moral of the story. I thought I would be disappointed. and I am not. I am so excited for this next adventures. Even though I know there will be some hard times. Really hard times. I am ready.

I want the world to know that they are loved. I need the world to know He is there. He lives!

(One of the best parts of Riverside? One of my favorites is serving there now. Watch out Chelsey Bramwell! We're about to be mission pals!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment