27 August 2015

When love can change the world

Today, I am grateful for good attitudes and happy dispositions. While I was in the Emergency Room at the beginning of this month, there was a patient there who was told that he could lose his eye due to the injury he sustained. He was a couple of rooms down from me. ("rooms", he was a few curtains down from me.) And the only complaint he uttered was that of pain. Rather than whine and curse the heavens like many other patients were doing, and in spite of the pain his injury caused, he was making so many one-eyed jokes. He laughed about his predicament. He was a pleasure to be around. How grateful I am for that experience.
*****************
This week has been a great one. Becca and I had planned a week of adventures and fun. Then I got sick and got to watch Becca having a blast from the sidelines. 

A couple of things we got to do together was to go to the Holocaust museum and the LA temple. This week has reminded  me and testified of the love the Savior and Father in Heaven has for us. ALL of us. I am so honored by His grace. His mercy. His love. 

On the other hand, I'm often surprised at the frailty, the cruelty and the indifference of the human family. Sometimes, people will step up and change the course of history by the incredible good things or incredible bad things. 

I learned today of Germany stepping up incredibly and being genuinely human. Loving their human brothers and sisters. When confronted with refugees, they have not refused them or rejected them, instead they have asked "how can we help them feel safe here."

The World is changing. Enemies cease to be enemies and become friends. Friends show their colors in adversity. 

What Becca has taught me, along with current events, history and the Spirit this week is to love. Love my brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment