18 October 2013

So. This week... It was a week!

So. This week... It was a week!
Here's the basic rundown of our week.

Monday: Pday. I really don't care for Pday much. Other than e-mail. I like to email. Otherwise, it's a waste of time and there has been way too much flirting in our zone and that just makes me mad. We are missionaries, people. We are not here to get married. Just saying...
We went and played softball, which means they played because I wasn't good enough to play. My comp ended up hurting her shoulder. So she's been in a sling all week.
Tuesday: Multi-zone training. Teaching us how to deal with stress. It's the same thing we've heard over and over. So I drew pictures of the people around me. All were entertained.
Tuesday, we also went on surprise exchanges. I LOVE surprise exchanges (Note: I do not love surprise exchanges. Tuesday was the day I was most excited for in our week.) 
President was told about the zones inability to Lock their Hearts (great talk, go read it!) and wanted Sis Pack and I to try to clean up the mess. To no avail.
Actually, exchanges ended up not being too bad. We picked up some people in the other girls' area for them and we met a bunch of fun people. There was a little girl who told me I was getting married to Kevin. This same little girl a few weeks ago said that Kevin was Satan. So... I'm marrying Satan. That's good, right?... yikes.

Wednesday: DDM - District Development meeting. That was alright. SUPER Rainy. I got to wear my rain boots! Everyone was jealous.
I love my boots. I've been wanting to wear my rain boots my whole mission!!
We had an awkward dinner where our YSA invited us over. His Grandma, who he lives with, invited her missionaries. Well, we're not supposed to eat dinner with other missionaries. So... That was grand. Awkward. It was funny though.
On a side note: People keep getting injured and they don't want to call the nurse (please refer to previous emails to know why...) So instead they keep calling me to know what to do. This week we had: 
1 radial head fx
2 rotator cuff injuries
1 possible ACL / meniscus
1 possible patella fx.
Wednesday I received a letter saying 2 friends died this week. So that sucked.
Thursday:
I was really upset about the letter on Wednesday when our miracle story of Renay called us. She called us and told us to stop by. We stopped by and she told us that she's not going through with the Confirmation. 
We texted our district leader who didn't care and didn't help. We texted the Elders' in our ward and they gave some good advice and offered to go and give her a blessing.
Our District leader doesn't care. That's real nice. well. He would care if we were the other sisters.
Our dinner forgot us that night. But it was our favorite family so we decided it was okay. Despite that terrible day we'd had. Too bad I couldn't wear my rain boots. 

Friday:
Friday... We... Did mission stuff? Knocked on doors. tried to convert nations. Then that didn't work. So we prayed a lot. Repented some. Met people, talked to people. Nothing terribly crazy happened.

Saturday:

We had the best dinner ever! She was HILARIOUS! I love her! She washed our grapes with Bleach. mmmm sanitary...
So funny!! I love my life as a missionary. She played dress up. And played fetch with her cat. A cat that plays fetch. Does that make it a fetching cat? HAHAHA. ha ha ha. funny.
Also, my bike brakes shattered. And I nearly got ran over by a truck. But it didn't happen. So Almost Calamities don't count... 

Sunday:
Church. Church. And more church. And when we weren't in church. We were doing church things. And Mission things.

We go see our senior couple a lot. Because they keep me from going nuts.


Hmmm. I don't know what else to say. This week stunk. But I didn't get bit by any dogs this week. Just failed at someone's Salvation... That's going to be hard to explain at the Judgement.
Part of it was her Agency (Sometimes I feel like taking people's agency away... Then Pack reminds me not to be Satan) Part was because we allowed there to be a month between her baptism and confirmation...  So... That blows.
It's okay. I repent a lot. Still.

Last week of this transfer. That's crazy!
Anyway, 
Here's to a week of fun and adventure. And nations being converted
Love, 
Dibe

No comments:

Post a Comment