09 March 2013

Dibe and the terrible, horrible, no good, Very bad day.

Car in a tree
Car in the ditch
Car on fire...
Parties pinned.
Confirmed injuries
4 occupants. 2 parties ejected
2 die.

Broken glass, sheared off metal. Engines, tires. Flashing lights everywhere.

How do you look into the eyes of a child; a child who has killed their best friends. How do you look into that child's mother and offer comfort?

Sometimes it bothers you. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes you don't realize how much it sucks until later.

You leave the hospital. You wash all evidence that that person ever existed in the ambulance. That that person ever lived.

Two families are getting a phone call that no family wants. Today it bothers.


~~~~~
On another sad note, happy birthday Angela. My heart is sad for you. I wish you were somehow here again. 


If you find yourself in Boulder this afternoon with extra Rock Stars and a hug (or 3) with my name on it, I would be happy to accept! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, that doesn't sound fun at all.

    But...a car in a tree? I sometime see accidents that leave me to wonder "Now how did they end up like that?" I once saw a street sign, the kind that hangs from those tall street light posts, beat up. I couldn't help but wonder how on earth someone hit that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jess.

    The laws of physics are impressive, especially when kids and alcohol try to defy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you had a rough day :( I understand completely how you feel. Sometimes it hurts more than you can put into words, and sometimes you wonder why it doesn't hurt. Love you bunches, and hope your heart heals quickly <3 *hugs*

    ReplyDelete