22 January 2013

The Update!

I'd like to say that I have a legitamate good reason why I've been AWOL from here. I don't. I've been working. A lot.

Here are some things that have been going on lately in my life.

  • I'm going to Iraq. Have I announced that yet? Yeah. I'm going to work on the base out there as an EMT.
  • I have applied to Midwife school. I am incredibly excited to say that I've been accepted into the program. I can get a bachelors in midwifery! Great!!
  • They found the body of my Aunt. Before you offer condolences. I didn't know her. No really, I never met her before in my life. But I'm sad for my other Aunt who I HAVE met and sure love a lot. I'm sad for her daughter, my cousin. I'm sad for her Mom, Granny Kay. (the family tree is complicated.
  • I am studying the Bible this year, and I'm loving it much more than I did last time around (I read the bible in high school, cover to cover.) .
  • My boss (who I used to be convinced hated my guts) did me a solid and let me swap my Sundays for Saturdays. I get to go to church again!
  • My partner is great! I am finding out how blessed I've been with incredible partners. Apparently, that is not common. I am such a lucky gal.
  • One of my co-workers out of the blue the other day said that when they started in the new division, they were intimidated by me because they heard I was a solid EMT. I was touched. It's nice to know my reputation isn't sketchy.
  • I'm learning a lot about myself. What I believe in. What I don't believe in. What I deserve. That kind of thing.
  • Tessa and Seth got me a Harry Potter cookbook. I haven't been as excited for a book as I am for that! Dinner party anyone?!
I'm happy. Even when I'm incredibly grouchy (like I was today.) I am, underneath all that, happy.

I overheard this conversation at work today.

Coworker 1: How did you know that she (referring to me) was upset?
Coworker 2: I've known her for a long time.
CW1: But she was... pooping butterflies and rainbows....
CW2: (laughing) It's easy.The first thing she does, after pooping butterflies and rainbows, is ask how you are. If she doesn't ask, something is wrong.

I didn't know that I poop butterflies and rainbows. If I poop rainbows, does that mean I poop skittles?

No comments:

Post a Comment