11 November 2012

Never giving up

There is a lot to be grateful for this month. There's a lot to be grateful every minute of every day. Even when I forget that. Even when the world forgets that. Even when I'm temporarily devestated. Or when I feel like the only reasonable thing to do is cry.

Tonight, I am particularly grateful for the statement made by Elder Jeffrey R Holland:
Don’t give up
Don’t you quit.
You keep walking.
You keep trying.
There is help and happiness ahead
–a lot of it–
You keep your chin up.
It will be all right in the end.
Trust God
and believe in good things to come.’
I forget to trust God. And I forget that there is help and happiness ahead. I forget and I hold on to my pride.
 
 
But there IS happiness ahead. And God will not lead us astray. Sometimes, I wish that all I had to do was know God. How simple is that? You can study Him in His word. Through His prophets. With inspiration from the Spirit. But then you have to DO. I'm not always good at the doing part.
 
 
So here's to the future. To the help and the happiness ahead. Here's to the good things to come.
Time to lace up my boots and DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment