29 June 2010

"In Poverty's Vale, or abounding in wealth"

In every condition, in sickness in healthy. In poverty's vale, or abounding in wealth. At home or abroad, on the land or the sea -As thy days may demand, as thy days may demand, as thy days may demand, so thy succor shall be.

I may be in poverty's vale, but everything will be okay. Somehow, I will be okay. Somehow, everything will work out. I just don't know how yet. And I'm learning, I don't need to.

I had a lesson with The Sister's today, and we were talking about Matthew 7:24-27. And what I love about that scripture is that it says that those who build their houses on a sure foundation (the rock) they will have the strength and ability to withstand the storm. Those who do not have that foundation will surely crumble and fall. What I love most though, is that both the prepared and the unprepared will both experience the storm. That makes me feel so much more at peace, to know that the church doesn't prevent the storm, but it will give me every ability to withstand it.

The thing is, I was inactive for a while. Did things I'm not proud of. I cracked my foundation. That means I have a lot of hard work ahead of me to rebuild. And that scripture tells me how, to listen and follow His word. And in the meantime, while the storms build around me during the rebuild, I'll just have to have faith that I can withstand.

In other news, rereading Harry Potter makes me remember how much I love Harry Potter!

No comments:

Post a Comment