16 September 2013

Wet and Soggy People of Colorado

Hello! Wet and soggy people of Colorado! (And dry folk elsewhere!)
How goes?
Funny story, 4 different people made comments this week about "Hey, you're from CO.... Is your family one of the 4 who died in the mass calamity out there?" .... uh....
People kept making Noah's ark jokes. haha, but no really. - If Noah stops by, GET IN THE BOAT!!
It ended up being a tender mercy for me. I was given permission to call home, I got to talk to the Mom unit for a few minutes. WONDERFUL!
So... Things are dry here. And by that, I mean I'm not swimming in things. Like rain. Or Creeks. Or The Great Boulder flood of 2013. So... Send me pictures, yeah? Yeah!
Hey! I need someone to send a thank you note to One of the Rocky Mountain Fire C shifters. Dave, Griff, Holmy and Joel. Thanks to their tutelage, I was able to uphold a conversation about football! I threw in words like "Fumble!!" And "Tight End." (To which I was not referring to those pants. Nope, that's a person!) Not ONCE did I call it a basket or anything. Woah. Thanks Rocky Mountain Fire, for making me a real person!
You know how in Boulder, when someone puts tin foil on their windows, it's because they're a little touched in the head and worried about Aliens? Not here in Hemet! You're touched if you DONT have tin foil? Sister Pack couldn't understand why I kept cackling at random houses. I finally explained that these people were nuts. Nope. Just me!
Let's see... I'm still short, and I finally got a bike! I still need to buy safety equipment, like a helmet, lights and a bike lock. No worries. The bike is bright pink. And my companion is a bright red redhead.
Someone asked if Satan's first name is Kevin.
We're pretty awesomely exciting....
We had a huge miracle moment that was followed by more miracles. We went to teach the gal that I think I mentioned before, who is afraid of water. She finally committed to baptism! She's known all along that she needs to. She then told us that she knew because she's dreamed about us. That she's known us "from before."
.... WHAT?! ... So yeah, she knows us. And she's getting baptized! We had a scary moment when she said she wasn't going to follow through because she has to meet with our Mission president to resolve some things. But this morning she said that nothing would get in her way of baptism. YES!!! Prayer changes things!!!

Hmmm. So. What's going on in your life?
Oh!!!! I got 4 letters on the same day! I am the most loved missionary EVER!!! Shout out to
Mom! Thanks for the stamps!
Bradbury family! Yep, I will ALWAYS be the favorite little person!
Jenna, Shelbs and Karlie!
Sabrina!
It was an epic day in the mission life!
Well, ya know. Life is good. I'm loving this work. I haven't eaten things that make me want to die. So that too, is good. The elders are talking about shaving their legs right now. Awkward....
Loving you all, loving life.
Keep in touch.
The short one


1 comment:

  1. Sister Dibe,

    I am currently stalking your blog. I am happy to know you're doing great. Did you know Rhiannon's Dad lives in Hemet? Also, my Aunt's husband is a Less Active member who is from Hemet and when we saw him in April he was asking for a Restoration Pamphlet. How do I get him one of those? He was very interested in reading it, and I have felt SO guilty not being more invested in finding a way.

    I see you said you had a bike, and the next logical progression from that was safety equipment! I'm so proud right now I could burst. You're growing! You know what safety gear is and are getting some!

    I can hear you now saying, "As it turns out, someone who trips over her own feet needs safety gear. Who would have thought?"

    I am in Idaho and I heard about all the calamity in Colorado. I called home and found everyone to be in good spirits, but relatively trapped. I-25 flooded along with a bunch of main roads where I am from. The Lord sure has a subtle way of telling us he's still in charge, doesn't he?

    I hope to hear more from you!


    With love,
    Kevin, Rhiannon and da baby

    ReplyDelete