25 August 2013

Welp, another week has come and gone. Here are some pictures of our adventures. Excuse the ones where I look intoxicated or just plain dumb. I blame those on sleep deprivation.
The family I told you about, Michael and Jennifer? They were baptized on Saturday 17 August. YEAH! That was a really cool experience, we had 6 people baptized on Saturday for our ward alone. (4 of those were the Elders in our ward who are basically Alma and Amulek.) They asked me to speak on Baptism. I didn't throw up on anyone, so I call it a success! Their daughter Tess was in the way back jumping up and down and waving frantically "HI SISTER HALL!!!" Until I said Hi. Our District leaders were there as well as several other sets of missionaries. Over 100 people came to support all the new members! There were 2 others baptized on Saturday from 2 other wards in our zone. It was a successful week!
Unfortunately now that puts us without investigators. Which means we need to hit the pavement and find more! Not my favorite part, but I'll dig it for now! We have a lot of people who know the Gospel is true, they know of the peace that is found in the Savior's love. It's just a matter of getting in the door and letting them realize it for themselves! And everyone we seem to find, the other missionaries typically get, because they live in their area. Bah!
Not much has happened this week aside from that! We teach a lot. There is enough work in our two wards for 4 or 5 sets of missionaries. So we are loving that. We had this one solid girl who is 22. She LOVED everything we taught her and wanted to be baptized the next day!!! And we haven't heard from her since. There are pit bulls in her yard that won't let us up to the door to knock. I can tell you one thing, they probably don't have many solicitors!
We witnessed a high speed chase! In Hemet! (Where the top speed in 35 mph... Cool...) They must have had their entire police force following him, there were 13 going hot, and another 6 following behind non emergent. It was entertaining to watch.
Hmmm. I think that's it. This week hasn't been too exciting! I'm loving the work and ready for more!
Oh, I had an allergic reaction to walnuts again. I now am a proud owner of an epi-pen (will be when it gets here in the mail) I'm under strict order by the doctor to take 50mg of benadryl a day. I sleep a lot.
Anyway, I love you all!
Still no letters. I think our mission office lost them. That's the reason, right?

I read all your emails. I love them all! Thank you for remembering me!! 


(Brother Edit: Sorry for the delay folks, lost Dibe's info. Here's last weeks email! Her Prep days are Mondays, so, there should be a new update tomorrow or Tuesday)

No comments:

Post a Comment