14 July 2013

Lord, I believe

Things I wish I had known three months ago.

· Stop. Look around. Enjoy the ride.

• It's okay to be a prospective missionary, terrified and unsure

• It's okay to be disappointed and confused

• Satan is a jerk.

• Don't expect things to get better. They don't get easier. Satan does NOT want me to be a missionary. He will try to break me. He will not play fair or play nice.

• It's normal to wish Satan had a body so you can punch him in the throat. But hey. You have a throat. He doesn't.

• Budget your time in the beginning and you'll be fine.

• You may think Goodbyes will be easy. They won't be. Buy tissue. Cry. It's fine.

• Go to the Temple. A lot. You will find so much extra peace. Seriously. Go.

• Go again to the Temple.

• There is no such thing as praying too much. Accept that challenge. Pray a lot.

• You will feel like a huge failure. Missionaries sin too. Get back up and keep going.

• Satan knows your weaknesses. He will use them mercilessly against you.

• Don't give up. Don't quit trying. You keep walking. You keep moving ... there are blessings and help ahead.  (Pssst. At the Temple!)

• lead with your faith. Trusting is hard. But it pays off. Trust Him. He's loves you.

• Spend time with family.

• Love the ride. It's a tough one, but it can be okay!

I am down to 3 days before I enter the MTC, 2 days before I fly out to Utah and one day before I get set apart. I am both terrified and so excited!
Terrified because I've never been a natural teacher. Excited because I get to learn.
Terrified because I have no idea what I'm doing.
Excited to serve the Lord.
Terrified to screw up.
Excited to get to succeed.
Terrified of things being harder than my ability to keep up.
Excited to get stronger.
Terrified of being the companion that everyone is afraid of.
Excited to have that companion that everyone loves.
Terrified to leave behind everything I know.
Excited to meet new challenges.
Terrified of not being good enough
Excited to get stronger.

I am ready to love the people of California.

I have been abundantly blessed - the Lord has placed people in my path who have eased my fears and concerns.

I am ready. Scared or not.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment