27 August 2011

Family History

So, I'm typically not one to remember dreams. Like. Ever. But recently, I've been dreaming about my family. Mostly, my Grandma. (Grams) I first dreamt about her at the beginning of August. I don't remember the setting of the dream, just that at first I was alone, or maybe I was doing something. But soon Grams showed up. She hugged me, she said hi. And then she got angry. 
"Why are you willing to go to the Temple and do baptisms for other people, but not your own family?" She accused.
"I haven't gotten any names done yet, Grams." I tried to explain. 
Suddenly, more people started showing up. 
Hey, that's my nose. I thought, looking at one man. We have the same eyes. I noted, looking at a younger woman. Soon, the dream became volatile. My family was PISSED. Angry words were hurled at me. Guilt and shame washed over me. And I woke up. 

That week, as I sat down to look at my lesson for Relief Society, and cringed. "Temple work and Family History." Haha. Very funny Grams... I thought. 
Still, the guilt and shame had lasted through the dream, into reality. So, I decided I should probably do some family history. 


I am not a detective, by any means. I'm not very good at solving mysteries. But I am loving doing family history. There's one ancestor, her name is Eva. I don't know why, but I feel... close to her? I don't know how to describe it. But whatever it is, it's pushing me to find out who she is. More about her life. Her family. Her parents. All I've learned so far is that she is my Great - great Grandmother, she was born in Croatia. Cool. 


I sure like my family. I sure wish I were better at finding them!

No comments:

Post a Comment